Friday, September 24, 2010

Why did I choose to attend Wright State?

Wright State University may not be the most well known, however it does have quite a significant academic experience.  In addition to its outstanding Air Force ROTC Detachment, it is also close to home.  The three main reasons I chose to attend Wright State University are location, the Air Force ROTC Detachment and its academic programs. 

Throughout my life, I have known that my career was to be in the Air Force.  After choosing the plan to do ROTC as opposed the Air Force Academy, the hunt had started for a decent ROTC Detachment to join.  WSU has one of the largest detachments in the nation, as well as one of the most credited, and contains students from schools all around Dayton, OH.  After Recognizing this as a possibility, the bonus was added to its location, only an hour or so away from my home.  This allowed me to be charged the In-State tuition rate, the only option my AFROTC scholarship could cover.  In addition, I am far enough away to be out of my hometown, however I can still visit anytime I wish. 

The next step to starting my college career was to select a major.  When I recieved my AFROTC scholarship, it was under the terms that I chose a Computer Engineering Major, as that suits the Air Forces needs best.  Not only does it help that I enjoy computers, but that my career in the Air Force does not solely rest upon my major.  This information allowed me to make a decision on my major of Computer Engineering, something that Wright State University is nationally accredited for doing very well in.

Combined with its location close (but still distant enough) to home and its very decent programs in my intended major of Computer Engineering, the Air Force ROTC Detachment 643 and my scholarship options were the main reasons for my choosing to enroll in Wright State University.

1 comment:

  1. One of the same reason I chose Wright State. Air Force ROTC. Air Power!

    ReplyDelete